What's wrong? Besides the fact that I wear slippers and there is no ball? šŸ˜

What's wrong? Besides the fact that I wear slippers and there is no ball? šŸ˜  

By: Mauro V on April 9, 2022, 4:08 a.m.

Hi everyone. What do you think is wrong? my main problem is the length, a 6 iron is 130mt. Do you have any advice? Thanks and greetings from Italy

Re: What's wrong? Besides the fact that I wear slippers and there is no ball? šŸ˜  

By: Tyler F on April 11, 2022, 7:34 p.m.

Hi Mauro,

It would be interesting to compare this to what you actually do with a golf ball. The reason I say that is that this swing wouldn't work with a driver with a golf ball. The ball would barely get off the ground and go straight right. As you'll see in the impact position, that's a lot of shaft lean and would leave you with no loft. Also the face is open.

When looking at more distance, I always attack it by trying to optimize launch/spin first. If that is already maxed out, then I look at adding speed. Often times, getting more consistent with face and path results in an initial gain in distance that's easier than trying to change sequencing and add speed.

If you did want to go the speed route, then I'd look at transition and getting the hips more involved as well as creating less upper body sway in the backswing. But I'd be really curious to see what actually changes when a ball is in the equation.

Tyler

Re: What's wrong? Besides the fact that I wear slippers and there is no ball? šŸ˜  

By: Mauro V on April 12, 2022, 9:09 a.m.

Hi Tyler, attached you will find the swing with the driver and the 6 iron. Thank you for your time. āœ‹šŸ˜€

By: Mauro V on April 17, 2022, 6:50 a.m.

Tyler, do you think Iā€™m casting and scooping?

By: Tyler F on April 17, 2022, 12:14 p.m.

Mauro,

To me it looks under powered from the lower body and core. So it probably fits more in the cast pattern rather than the scoop pattern. You don't appear to have the club pass the hands or the arms bend a lot on the way through. But it doesn't look like your lower body is adding a lot to the speed of the club, more like your lower body is just positioning your body for your arms to swing. Take a look at these two drills.

https://www.golfsmartacademy.com/golf-instruction/pump-body-speed/
https://www.golfsmartacademy.com/golf-instruction/torso-burner-hip-rotation/

By: Mauro V on April 17, 2022, 1:18 p.m.

Thanks Tyler, I am aware of having weak core, buttocks and legs, plus I also have pain in my left knee and this further weakens my action. I will watch the two recommended videos and try to work on what you told me, thanks

By: Tyler F on April 17, 2022, 2:14 p.m.

These pictures show where you "cast" and release the energy of the arms too soon. You can see in the picture that there is very little movement of the hips/legs and most of the movement is happening because of the arms straightening.

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.