trail arm swing

trail arm swing  

By: Dan T on March 30, 2022, 6:54 p.m.

Hello Tyler, I have been playing right handed and in the Fall started practicing left hand anticipating surgery. As you can see I just had surgery and am working on trail hand 1 arm swings. From this video I think I need to "wipe" more, get the inside of elbow leading more. Am I correct?
Thanks Dan

Re: trail arm swing  

By: Tyler F on April 4, 2022, 7:56 p.m.

I actually think that's a pretty good move. I'm impressed that you can do it that wall with the off hand as the trail hand. That's not easy. That said, the reason it looks like you need a lot of wipe is how behind the body the arm gets in the backswing. The trail elbow is way behind your chest. I'm not sure if your lead shoulder will let you turn any more, but you can work on that as it feels better.

Feel free to post a face on if you get a chance,

Tyler

By: Dan T on April 5, 2022, 8:53 a.m.

Hello Tyler, thanks for the look. Actually after posting I viewed the video regarding trail arm/elbow in front of chest. Yes, I can turn more (relating to surgery), I'll work on that and send a face on video. As of now I'm leaning to staying with the left hand swing lol.

Best Regards, Dan

By: Dan T on April 9, 2022, 12:06 p.m.

Hello Tyler, as invited here is a face on swing w trail arm, trying to land on front leg and wipe. Ideas? (besides sit ups and less ice cream lol) Thanks Dan

By: Tyler F on April 11, 2022, 7:20 p.m.

Hi Dan, Face on looks pretty solid too. Great looking impact position! If you want to work on something, then I'd pay attention to how your left arm pulls away from your right hand in transition. That's an indicator of more of a lead arm pull which usually indicates a lack of trail side ab rotation. But overall, really solid movements going on there. Before making any other recommendations, we'd have to go off the feedback/miss pattern. As the swing get's closer to looking good, the pattern of misses becomes increasingly important to address.

By: Dan T on April 12, 2022, 10:28 p.m.

Very well. lead arm pulling away. I'll watch that. I've got 5 more weeks of no right arm on the club as I recover. Also as my elbow mobility and strength gets better I'll keep the shoulder girdle/arm structure a little tighter and get trail side abs involved.
Love the great info and help. Thanks, Dan

By: Tyler F on April 17, 2022, 12:16 p.m.

Sounds like a plan. Good luck with the journey. Keep us posted on your progress!

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.