Swing mechanics

Swing mechanics  

By: Jim B on May 11, 2022, 4:55 p.m.

Tyler,

Ive been hitting it really well still have alot to improve on. My miss is usually to the right. My swing feels good but when i put it on film it seems clear the club is steep and over the top?? Can you explain what im doing thats making this happen and the best way to improve it? Looks like to me like the club head is not coming from the inside. Please confirm that im thinking about it correctly. Thanks!!

Re: Swing mechanics  

By: Tyler F on May 16, 2022, 6:27 p.m.

Hi Jim,

One issue that would be helpful to rule out is your camera angle. The camera angle on the video you shot is close to the ground and closer to the foot line than the hand line. Both of those will make things look steeper than it really is. When analyzing your path, you want to look at both the downswing as well as the follow-through side. It's hard to tell, but the follow-through side doesn't appear to be too steep.

So my suggestion is to take a second crack at setting up the video. Make sure it's in line with the hand line and about the same height as the hands. That'll give you a much better position, from which, to analyze steeps and shallows.

Tyler

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.