New drills

New drills  

By: Jim B on Aug. 2, 2021, 5:12 a.m.

Hey Tyler, what are the top flaws with my swing at this point. Im down to a 2.5 index but looking to be more consistent in ball striking. Thanks!

Re: New drills  

By: Tyler F on Aug. 3, 2021, 8:29 p.m.

Before starting with the flaw, I would probably start with the main ball flight issue. Do you struggle more with consistent contact, or direction. If it's direction, then which direction does it error?

From a pure match-up point of view, you could work on powering the swing more from the legs vs the arms. From a shape point of view, you could look at creating a little more flat spot. I'd probably be trying to influence one of these two pictures :)

By: Jim B on Aug. 4, 2021, 5:50 p.m.

On the course of find i get steeper with the driver than the range so alot of low fades and push fades as misses and some heal shots. My iron misses that really bother me are hooks left with short iron shots, i dont hit them often but fear them so i find myself aiming right and putting it back in my stance which makes my path even more inside out but if i aim straight and have ball more up in stance im more afraid of it going left. Do i need more of a squat to start my downswing to get the legs and hips more invoved. Can you elaborate on trying to influence the 2 pics? Also went to range after this video and am trying to shallow club out. Contact and distance are way better but lots of shots go out to the right. I find that when i get to delivery position my right elbow sometimes doesnt have room miss the ribcage. I think some of this is from getting out of my posture but if i stand further away from ball and take the club back more outside/upright it feels much easier for the right elbow to get into the wipe position. Does this make sense?? Thanks!!

By: Tyler F on Aug. 8, 2021, 10:17 a.m.

Regarding the two pictures.

Follow through picture - I would try to get the left arm straighter with less rotation That would help prevent the hooks but require some more body contribution for power. Keeping that arm straight and less lead shoulder retraction at that point are both shallowers that could help.

Just before impact picture - the club is fairly high compared to the ball, so you're flat spot will be limited. It's a sign you're using more arms early as a power source and you are lacking in some side bend. So the squat in transition could help, more core rotation could help, feeling the club more lagged behind could help, but I would monitor that club height as a sign of your sequencing and position.

Both of these moves could help with your feeling of being stuck with the arms and the shots off to the right :)

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.