Just some clean up areas and questions from DTL

Just some clean up areas and questions from DTL  

By: Ben T on Oct. 19, 2020, 2:33 p.m.

Hi Tyler,

Looking for tips on some clean up things from the DTL view. I’ve been struggling to get my draw back and there are some things that I’m seeing that I personally don’t like but wanting more of a pros opinion.

Lastly just as an aesthetics thing. Is there something That would be worth fixing in relation to how bent my knees are at impact. That’s the only way I can not hit the ball thin.

Lastly just thought I would add a face on but it’s not same day or remotely same club. Just if to see if there is anything else you see. Thanks

Ben

Re: Just some clean up areas and questions from DTL  

By: Tyler F on Oct. 25, 2020, 9:10 a.m.

Hey Ben,

Good looking move. Here are 3 pictures to help understand your draw issue. The last parallel shows the club coming from the inside, but the exit is under the hand checkpoint. If you look at the video, the path doesn't really go left until a few frames before impact. So I'd work on a follow-through position checkpoint. Most commonly, I use the right path with the impact bag, or hands in club out as a starting point.

I would normally work on one big theme at a time. So I'd be cautious about trying to do too much with the legs simultaneously. The leg buckle move actually makes the path more in to out, so taking it away right now would make it harder to draw the ball. I'd put that on the back burner. But, when you get there I'll give you some guidance. With the legs, two things that show up commonly are poor trail hip extension and an overuse of the wrists as the hit through the ball. You can clean up the "hit thing" first and it will help with the draw goals, then go after the hip once that's a little more comfortable.

Good luck!

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.