Improving impact position

Improving impact position  

By: Garrett O on Oct. 23, 2020, 6:46 p.m.

Hey Tyler!

I was hoping to get some feedback on my delivery/release pattern. I've been golfing about a year and a half and have a sizable handicap, but have been really trying to figure out my full swing in the last few months. Your book really got me started on the journey.

The main thing I've been working on recently is shaft lean at impact, and getting more of a 'stock tour swing' looking pattern from delivery to follow through. To me, my L-L swing feels and looks pretty good, but I'm struggling to translate it to a full swing. My full swing looks like I have a pretty vertical shaft at impact and start to bend my arms and chicken wing. I uploaded videos of both an L-L and full swing from face on (all I have right now).

I *think* its related to my wrists unhinging too early and my hands being too far behind at delivery position, but I'm not sure if these are symptoms of something else. As much as I try to keep my wrist angles, I just haven't been able to put it all together. I also feel like I take my L-L swing back really shallow, but I don't think I get to the same backswing position with a full swing. I think I could also use more motorcycle (frequent push / push fade miss), so trying to work on that too. Would love some pointers on where you think I should be focusing. Thanks so much!

Last edited by: Garrett O on Oct. 23, 2020, 8:21 p.m., edited 2 times in total.

Re: Improving impact position  

By: Tyler F on Oct. 25, 2020, 9:24 a.m.

Garrett,

I'm seeing pretty much the same thing you are. With the full swing, you tend to pull a little harder with your arm through impact instead of turning the body. A good test might be for you to try the L to L but hit it HARD and see if you breakdown the arms. That will help you decide if your arms bend to create speed, or because the swing is longer.

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.