get the body to stay home

get the body to stay home  

By: Guy R on Jan. 21, 2021, 3:03 p.m.

Tyler...thks so much for what you do....so glad I joined and Im telling everyone about your great site.........anyway...here's my question......many parts of my body...hands..rt hip..rt shoulder instinctively want to go out toward the ball-- i have been helped tremendously by many of your videos--and it's getting much better-------but is their 1 or 2 things/videos/tips/mind tricks to help my body STAY HOME....so i can drop those arms down...would you say thats a more "left side of the body solution"...firm up the lower body...concentrate more on "hand path"?..tempo?......other?........anyway...thks again........being a new member i haven't yet posted my video------i'll do it when the weather warms up a bit...GUY R

Re: get the body to stay home  

By: Tyler F on Jan. 25, 2021, 5:29 p.m.

One of the challenges with the golf swing is that golfers do the same thing for different reasons. In your case, you'd want to try and figure out if you are moving toward the ball to help with power, or to help with more solid contact. I usually figure that out in my lessons by seeing what happens when you don't do it.

Most golfers think that when they don't do the move that's annoying them, they will instantly hit the ball much better. Sometimes, you need two new moves before the aha moment happens and start hitting it better than ever. If I had to use one drill to try and take out a body lunge, it would probably be the 4 ball rhythm drill. You can't swing back and forth with lots of lateral motion. It's a good test to try.
https://www.golfsmartacademy.com/golf-instruction/four-ball-rhythm-drill/

Ideally, I'd go off video. Video is a lot easier to use as a tool over descriptions.

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.