Full Swing Input

Full Swing Input  

By: Bob M on Aug. 25, 2022, 10:34 a.m.

Tyler - As promised, here are FO and DTL videos of my driver swing taken today. A guy I play with regularly helped me film these and agreed that they are good representations of my swing. Looking forward to your feedback.

Re: Full Swing Input  

By: Tyler F on Aug. 25, 2022, 11:48 a.m.

Thanks for posting your swing. It helps discuss what to work on. I always try to approach the path of improvement based on your specific tendencies. I know that topping your fairway woods is one of the potential issues to try and resolve. If we look at the impact, there's not a lot of lower body rotation. Depending on your physical capabilities and what you've worked on in the past, that might be something to go after. Oftentimes when golfers "get quick" it's a sign that the upper body is early or too involved in the transition. Using more core could also help with your distance control for your wedges. How aggressively you work on it depends on how much you practice right now. Overall, plane is good. You keep your posture well, but the sequencing is a little upper body dominant and I'd probably make that my main focus with a little earlier club face closing to complement it.

By: Bob M on Aug. 25, 2022, 12:01 p.m.

Tyler - Thanks for the input! I likewise noticed the upper body dominance in my swing. Please suggest drill(s) to work on incorporating more core and closing the clubface earlier.

By way of background, I've never had tremendous flexibility and age (I'm 66) hasn't helped. However, I don't see any limitations which would preclude my incorporating more core in my swing, particularly when making this change will help with wedge distance control. Practicing is something I enjoy nearly as much as playing, so that won't be a problem.

Bob

By: Bob M on Aug. 28, 2022, 11:22 a.m.

After studying my video's in light of the shots of my impact position you posted, I decided to work on the impact fix drill at home for the next few days as it is clear that my hips aren't close to the proper position. When I can get to the range in the next few days, my plan is to focus on 9 to 3 drills with impact fix.

Am I on the right track?

By: Tyler F on Aug. 31, 2022, 8:07 p.m.

Yes, I think that starting with impact, and the impact fix, is a good way to start your journey for getting your hips more open. Looking forward to seeing the progress as you post.

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.