Double cross

Double cross  

By: Garrett F on Aug. 5, 2022, 11:58 a.m.

This game is tough lol…

Whenever I work to improve swing, I end up with an unplayable double cross with driver and/or right misses with irons. Self coaching has been fun but if not kept in check it seems to encourage analysis paralysis. Do y’all mind providing some feedback on my swing to suggest places to focus on?

Re: Double cross  

By: Tyler F on Aug. 7, 2022, 10:45 a.m.

Definitely a tough game! But that's one of the things that makes it great.

Glad you posted, being your own coach doesn't mean you have to do it alone! There is definitely a learning curve to knowing your own swing and what to look for when you play well vs when you play poorly.

With the two way miss, I think your biggest culprit is the early extension during the release. That seems to be the thing that I would go after with the driver swing. You might need to adjust things (like arm shallows or face control) as you work on it, but that would be my starting point.

With the iron, the right miss seems to be from an outside-in path mid-downswing. The good news is working on that with the irons will help the driver stop early extending as well. It's two complementary pieces. See the attached videos to see if you can see the two moves I talk about here. The good news is that you appear to have a pretty good release with some nice arm extension timing. That will help your consistency when you get these other two pieces figured out.

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.