Can’t seem to fix my stall/flip

Can’t seem to fix my stall/flip  

By: Chris M on April 28, 2022, 9:53 p.m.

I’ve been trying to fix my flip release forever but can’t seem to make any significant progress. No matter what I try my arms seem to have to trail behind my upper body and the left wrist goes into extension before impact.

My instructor currently has me working on earlier ulnar deviation of the left wrist in the downswing and keeping the right elbow more in front of the chest the entire swing but I struggle to do both of these things in a real swing.

Any advice on what other areas to work on?

Re: Can’t seem to fix my stall/flip  

By: Tyler F on May 1, 2022, 8:20 p.m.

Keeping the right elbow in front of the chest is part of it, but you also need to get the right shoulder to get through the ball. You'll see in this little video how your right shoulder stays back during the whole release, where Tommy Fleetwood (and most pros) have their shoulder continue through the ball.

Beat the drum, or the merry-go-round, will help you "cover the ball" with your chest which helps a lot with creating shaft lean. This move requires using the obliques more than the back. I have another video coming out about this topic, but it will take a little while for it to get edited. In the meantime, try this one.

https://www.golfsmartacademy.com/golf-instruction/beat-the-drum/

Tyler

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.