Are my hips /pelvis moving too fast?

Are my hips /pelvis moving too fast?  

By: Joseph B on Feb. 4, 2023, 3:57 a.m.

Tyler

My current swing coach likes the below swings and he advocates a similar swing to you with less arm pull, leaving arms up and turning into the bicep. He had been telling me in transition the feel for me should be to increase the distance between the trail shoulder and the lead hip to create a stretch. In the videos below that's my feel and I can see on slow mo the downswing starting with the lower body while my upper body is still completing the backswing so it looks like good seperation. My question is have I over done it because now it looks like my arms are lagging and at p6 my hands are behind instead of in front of my trail thigh. If I drop the trail foot back I can on video get the hands in front of the trail thigh. What do you see in these swings I should work on (I'm aware my setup hands are too far forward )

Re: Are my hips /pelvis moving too fast?  

By: Tyler F on Feb. 4, 2023, 8:19 a.m.

Hi Joseph,

Every instructor will have different orders and priorities. Looking at your swing, I think the release is the place that could use the most tidying up. It looks to me like the arms work around the body down in the release instead of with the body. It's most evident in this follow-through picture, but it starts earlier in the downswing and is part of the reason you see the arms behind at shaft parallel.

To answer your question, no, I don't think your hips are too fast. Body turn earlier in the downswing is one of the things that helps get the hands more in front of the trail thigh. Many pros, even those with shorter backswings have their hips more open at arm parallel than you do in this swing.

Hope that helps.

Happy Golfing,

Tyler

By: Joseph B on Feb. 4, 2023, 8:27 a.m.

Thanks Tyler I will go through the release videos on the site if there's one that you think would help me the most please share it here

By: Tyler F on Feb. 18, 2023, 11:04 a.m.

Hope it's going well. Feel free to post an update or another swing with follow-through focus and we can refine from there.

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.