Swing review

Swing review  

By: Dave S on Feb. 24, 2020, 6:44 a.m.

Hi Tyler, do you still offer swing reviews, and if so what’s the process, and the cost?

Re: Swing review  

By: Tyler F on March 2, 2020, 10:48 a.m.

+Dave S

Golf Smart Academy has some exciting plans to kick off 2020! We will be focusing on creating more great content and reorganizing our nearly 1,000 videos so that you can get to what you’re looking for in a faster and more efficient way.

As a result, I will need to free up some of my time. Moving forward, swing submissions will no longer be available for purchase. Don’t worry, if you currently have submission credits, you can still use them for another year.

Here are the 2020 ways to get swing feedback!

Skype lessons:

As I indicated, I’ve gotten too busy to do the video analysis on a regular basis. What I prefer doing instead is scheduling a live 30 minute Skype lesson to discuss a swing. It’s easier for me to control the schedule, volume, and frequency of demand that way. I charge my normal in-person teaching rate of $100 for the 30-minute Skype lesson if you’re interested. To prepare for a Skype lesson, I recommend emailing me a couple of swings: one of your current swing (face on and down the line) as well as a video of you doing any current drills. Also, a list of questions can help. I typically schedule Skype lessons for Sunday or Mondays when I don’t have to work around regular lessons.

During the Skype call, I recommend taking the call in a place where you have enough space to move around. I also recommend having a club handy. Even if you’re not set up to hit balls, I can help coach you through the fine details of some of the key movements of the swing.

GSA Certified Coaches – For personalized swing analysis, find a certified coach you can connect with – https://golfsmartacademy.com/find-coach/. All of our certified coaches go through a rigorous certification process based on the GSA system. Their swing advice is efficient and technically sound.

Free Alternative: https://golfsmartacademy.com/forum/help-my-swing-8/
Also, if you just want a few ideas, you can post a swing to the “help my swing” section of the forum (https://golfsmartacademy.com/forum/help-my-swing-8/). My plan is to respond with a quick screenshot of the position in the swing that reveals the biggest issue and suggest a couple of ideas to try. I’d recommend the same video format. Post your swing, as well as a drill and what you think, is going on and I will provide suggestions.

So while I’m not doing the video submissions anymore, there are still multiple ways to get help :)

Let me know if you have any questions,

Happy Golfing,

Tyler
The GSA Team

By: Guy R on April 20, 2021, 1:18 p.m.

Hi Tyler...am I still entitled my free swing analysis....i signed up in fall of 2020 and never submitted my swing yet

By: Tyler F on April 21, 2021, 8:57 p.m.

If you still have a submission credit, then you can still submit your swing. But we stopped selling new credits at the beginning of 2020. If you don't have a submission credit, then post your swing to the "help my swing" section of the forum for some personalized direction. Good luck!

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.