Shanks for nothing!

Shanks for nothing!  

By: Tyler F on April 11, 2020, 11:43 a.m.

Alright golfers, here is one way I like to help golfers prone to shanking develop a plan to never shank again. Check it out and see if you can swing a stick at an object. If you can, then you have to recalibrate where you are actually swinging the "club"

If you need other ideas, check out the shank playlist. https://golfsmartacademy.com/golf-instruction/shank-gate/?list=fix-your-shank,4

Last edited by: Tyler F on Oct. 6, 2020, 9:05 p.m., edited 2 times in total.

Re: Shanks for nothing!  

By: Bud B on July 30, 2022, 10:34 a.m.

The video on this page resignates very well for me. Your site has tons of good hidden information. Seek & you shall find.

By: Tyler F on July 31, 2022, 12:10 p.m.

Thanks Bud, I'm hoping someday they'll have a search program to make it easier to find all the content that might help you. But yes, this one is a key component for a lot of heel dominant strikers!

By: Barry C on April 12, 2020, 4:18 p.m.

Thanks Tyler!

Where do you get one of those huge golf clubs?

Barry

By: Tyler F on April 13, 2020, 4:02 p.m.

+Barry C
Hi Barry, It's called the Monster Wedge. I got it on Ebay a month ago. It didn't look like they were still in production so you have to find one used.

By: Lani H on April 13, 2020, 10:47 a.m.

Thanks Tyler
This is great! I could have used it on Saturday when I was "shanking away" with my wedges :(. Fortunately all my other shots were working "pretty well" and I rarely went into see ball, hit ball mode....so I'll work on re-calibrating my brain for the wedges and continue with my made up swing.
Best
Lani

By: Tyler F on April 13, 2020, 4:04 p.m.

+Lani H Hey, getting your golf game down to "everything but one area was pretty good" is no small step. Especially when it's something like solving the shanks with one specific club. Let me know how this drill works for you after you practice it!

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.