Arms/release informing the body.

Arms/release informing the body.  

By: Gregory D on Feb. 7, 2021, 12:06 p.m.

I've been a member, a hard working one too, for close to 3 years now. I constantly work on the release drills, single arm throws, seated release, supination, ulnar etc. and I'm certain my release is better than ever. Here's what I'm starting to notice...my body, torso in particular in trying to find a way to get out of the way (best way I can describe it for now) of what the arms need to do. Especially the "right side bending" from 9 -3. The release doesn't work as well if it's not there. So, I think I'm confirming a statement you made in one of your longer live question videos. For years I bought into the "learn how to use your body and the arms will follow." I don't think so anymore. Seems teaching your brain how the arms, wrists work in the release informs the brain on how the body should work.

Re: Arms/release informing the body.  

By: Tyler F on Feb. 12, 2021, 11:20 a.m.

Thanks for sharing the story. It's a hard sell early on. Many golfers think the arms just happen naturally. The phrase I use a lot; "The arms can only work as well as the body, and the body can only work as well as the arms". In general, I find that more amateur golfers need arm work and more really low handicap golfers need more body work. I've seen a lot more examples like yours. Get the arms working well and the body self organizes better. Get the body working better, the arms don't always change...

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.