are there any elite swings

are there any elite swings  

By: Guy K on May 5, 2020, 4 a.m.

without trail shoulder in external rotation in downswing? Patterns in the swing appear to be either internal or external rotation in backswing then move to external in transition and then to internal again thru impact - just wondering if anyone never goes into external in downswing - or, hey, maybe I got this pattern wrong. Have seen comments that Lucas Wald has commented that external rotation is not required to shallow the club and is not a pattern typical of the greats in the game - struck me as odd and I couldn't find anything from Wald to confirm or not exactly what he said.
Thanks

Last edited by: Guy K on May 5, 2020, 4:14 a.m., edited 2 times in total.

Re: are there any elite swings  

By: Tyler F on May 10, 2020, 3:21 p.m.

+Guy K One challenge is that this motion isn't currently measured by any system. Or at least, I've never seen good data on tour pros. So most of the claims of internal vs external are observational. Also, internal vs external is only one part of shoulder movement. It's tempting to classify a swing that way, but it might not be the most telling. Describing shoulder movements can quickly get messy. Most golfers don't do just internal or external in the downswing and the look between moving 5 degrees internal or 5 degrees external could be really subtle visually but massively different muscle chain wise.

So yes, there are some who go internal, but I don't think I've ever seen any elite swing use a strongly dominant internal movement as a main power source in transition.

Re: are there any elite swings  

By: Guy K on May 11, 2020, 11 a.m.

+Tyler F
thanks.Guy

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.