lead arm swing

lead arm swing  

By: Dan T on Sept. 23, 2021, 7:42 p.m.

Hello Tyler, here is my lead arm swing. I have been working on this because I have right elbow damage. Rapid extension of my trail arm during release isn't helping, lol. I am considering going left handed. Any suggestions about this process?

thanks Dan

Re: lead arm swing  

By: Tyler F on Sept. 26, 2021, 4:19 p.m.

Hey Dan,

That's a pretty good-looking move for a lead arm-only swing. There are always things that can be cleaned up, but the general pieces are there pretty well. Usually, the hardest thing with the lead arm-only swing is getting the trail side abs involved. I'd say that should be your goal as well. Also, I'd check the down the line to make sure that it's not getting too steep around p6 (shaft parallel in the downswing).

I am curious though, Is the right elbow damage something you are working on or is it a permanent situation? Have you tried swinging left-handed? Do you know for certain that it's easier?

Tyler

By: Dan T on Sept. 26, 2021, 9:25 p.m.

Hello, I am hoping to rectify the elbow (I had surgery 5 years ago or so) and have an Ortho Doc appointment coming up. Bone spurs, loose bodies, etc. Hoping a "simple" proceedure might help. Also have a physical therapist date coming, maybe he can increase range of motion. If I stay right handed, I'll need to make the release less violent (wipe and extension) on my trail elbow. Below is a slow lefty swing after a few hours of practice. Thanks Dan

By: Tyler F on Sept. 27, 2021, 10:26 a.m.

Not a bad move there either! Definitely some issues to work out with your pivot if you go left-handed. But you have a pretty solid release pattern there!

It looks like you have something to figure out this winter. Let us know what the PT has to say and which you decide and we can move forward from there.

Tyler

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.