Right foot pain

Right foot pain  

By: Bud B on Aug. 3, 2022, 5:14 a.m.

What causes the ball of the right foot to be sore during or after a round? I'm guessing EE standing up, pushing off the right foot like you are sprinting?

Last edited by: Bud B on Aug. 3, 2022, 5:17 a.m., edited 2 times in total.

Re: Right foot pain  

By: Tyler F on Aug. 7, 2022, 12:15 p.m.

Hmm, That's not a common place for pain from the golf swing. So I would definitely want to investigate the foot function to see if there is some underlying imbalance or dysfunction driving the pain. In order to really stress the joints, you would have to have quite a bit of early extension and big toe extension. So I would have my fitness/physio look at it.

The big difference with sprinting is the location of the knee puts the toes near end range of motion, which makes it take more of a beating with high force. So again, I'd look at the foot itself rather than the technique. You might also want to look at the golf shoes to see if you have a stiff enough toe box. If those check out, then it might be looking at technique, but you'd have to explore some real small details to try and solve that pain pattern.

Re: Right foot pain  

By: Bud B on Aug. 7, 2022, 3:59 p.m.

I'll get a better pair of golf shoes, then check the pattern after that & go from there.

Thanks Tyler

Subscribe now for full access to our video library.